July 5, 2012

A Quiet 4th

I had a good 4th of July, and I spent it doing what any 2-year-old would do.

I looked for bugs in our plants outside while Dad took portraits of me.





I found a Daddy Longlegs spider. 


I let him crawl up my arm.


It was pretty hot outside, so I didn't stay out for long (well, Mom and Dad didn't want to stay out for long). I then headed to the Mall of America. It's not a place we go to too often, but today seemed to be a good day to go. While there, I rode amusement park rides for the first time. I rode the ferris wheel and a kiddie rollercoaster. I really enjoyed both rides, but the rollercoaster was my favorite.

After we got home, Dad lit some sparklers for me so I could celebrate the 4th a little bit before going to bed. I was really nervous at first.


I wasn't sure what to think of the first one.


By the time we lit the last one, I was asking if we could go get more.


Maybe next year I'll get to stay up until it gets dark and play with sparklers then. 


I'm getting into holiday celebrations more this year than I was last year. It's been a lot of fun.


No comments: