October 1, 2012

It's My Birthday

I was pretty excited about turning three this year, especially when I noticed presents waiting on the kitchen table the day before my birthday. I went to bed in anticipation of being able to open my presents in the morning. I had no idea Mom and Dad had planned another little surprise for me.

While I was asleep, Dad blew up a bunch of balloons, and Mom hung some of them from the ceiling by where I'd be opening my presents.


I was surprised and excited to see all the balloons, and I even called it my birthday party. (Mom decided to forgo a birthday party with friends for one more year, which ended up working out because I came down with a cold.) 


I got my very own camera.


I got some books.





And I got a tunnel I can crawl through! 


It was a fun birthday and just the right amount of stuff going on for a sick three-year-old.



2 comments:

Rachel G. said...

That is awesome!! I love how you hung the balloons upside down!

Evie & Evie's Mom said...

Thanks! It was kind of a last-minute idea, and I was happy with how it turned out! Evie had fun running through the balloons, too!