November 9, 2010

Kicking and Screaming

I'm figuring out how to assert my independence and make decisions for myself. What this means is that I've learned how to say no. Except I don't actually say the word no. I squirm, I kick, and I scream when I'm not getting what I want.

And I've decided that I HATE diaper changes. As soon as Mom lays me down on my back, I try to flip over. If she won't let me, I start screaming. When she takes off the diaper, I start kicking. As she wipes me clean, I squirm back and forth. I go back to kicking when Mom grabs the new diaper, then back to trying to flip over when she attempts to put it on. I certainly don't make it easy.

I know my parents hope this phase will be short. Too bad, though, that I still have about a year until I'm two and terrible!

No comments: