June 17, 2012

Birds, Dinosaurs, Camels, and Bears... Oh My

Today, for Father's Day, I took my dad to the MN Zoo. Okay. He took me. And Mom. 

I waved hi to the penguins.



Then I walked with Mom and Dad to the amphitheater where we waited to watch a bird show.






When the birds finally arrived, I got pretty excited.




The wild chicken was my favorite.




No zoo bird show would be complete without a corny ending involving sappy music and bringing out a bald eagle. 


After the show ended, I got to take a close-up look at an owl...


...and the eagle.


We then headed to an exhibit called Dinosaurs! The exhibit includes fifteen large animatronic dinosaurs. 


I really liked the dinosaurs, and I even let out a few roars, but...






...I got a little scared sometimes, too.


After the dinosaurs, we stopped to look at the camels. They were trying to keep cool.



This mom and her baby were involved in a little synchronized chewing.


We took a little break from the camels to look at a barn swallow.


And getting back to the camels... Dad decided to take me for a ride on one. It was so much fun! 


I was super excited about the ride.


Although today's forecast called mostly for sun, while waiting for the camel ride, we noticed dark clouds heading our way. We hurried a little through some of the other zoo exhibits, knowing that rain wasn't too far off, until we got to the grizzly bears. They were having some fun, and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to watch and take some pictures.







I couldn't leave the zoo without running around a little through some fountains near the entrance, even though it had cooled down quite a bit by the time we got to them. Mom wanted to get some pictures of me soaking my dress (she had another outfit to change me into, so I didn't have to stay wet for long after I was done), but it started to rain -- hard -- and the camera isn't waterproof.

No comments: