September 30, 2012

A Little Catching Up to Do

It was a busy week last week, so Mom got a little behind with the blog. I went to a new park on Monday, I had my three year pictures taken on Friday, and I celebrated my birthday over the weekend.

Mom drove me to Lake Rebecca Park Reserve on Monday. I didn't get the chance to visit as many playgrounds this summer as last summer, and Mom wanted to take advantage of the nicer fall weather while we have it.

The play structures were built to look like they came from the woods, with tree trunks to crawl through, a cabin to play in, a tree house with slides, and a fire lookout with even bigger slides.



Lake Rebecca was a short walk from the playground, so after I finished playing, Mom and I walked over to take a closer look at the shore.


The fall colors were just beginning to get really pretty.


I saw a really big bird on the beach of the lake. Mom said it was a swan. She wouldn't let me get very close. The swan was sick, and Mom didn't want me to stress it out by trying to chase it.



As we walked back to the car, I enjoyed looking at more leaves that have already changed color. 



I wanted to take a longer walk, but Mom had to get us home so she could make dinner. Maybe some time we'll get another chance to visit this park.

No comments: