March 24, 2013

Pancake Breakfast at the Arboretum

Mom, Dad, and I went to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum for a pancake breakfast with real maple syrup on Saturday.


The pancakes tasted okay, but they were way too absorbent.


I mostly went for the good maple syrup, and I could hardly taste it. 


It finally feels like spring might actually be on its way.


In other words, I was able to go for a walk outside without having to complain about how cold I was.


Still, it was chilly enough that warming up with a walk through the greenhouse at the visitor center felt nice.


It was warm in the greenhouse, and there were actually flowers in bloom.


Outside, there's still just snow on the ground and bare tree.


After the greenhouse, Mom and I looked at the Tiny Treasures: Fairy Gardens and Gnomes exhibit while Dad renewed our membership to the arboretum.


Although we live farther from the arboretum now, we still want to visit often.


It's one of my favorite places to go.


The fairy gardens were fun to look at.


Except, I kept wanting to touch the little figures.


There were some amusing set-ups.


It was a fun day, and it makes me anxious for warm weather to arrive.

No comments: