October 21, 2010

The Amazing Race

I'll admit it, I don't make it easy for Mom to clean the apartment. There are just too many drawers, nooks, and crannies with wonderful treasures to discover. So, yesterday and today, Mom challenged me to a race. She bet me that she could get a room clean before I could finish eating an entire piece of toast while sitting in my Pack n Play. I'm not one to back down from a challenge, so I agreed to the competition.

Yesterday, Mom focused on picking up her bedroom and vacuuming the carpet while I snacked away. Lucky for her, she finished with her job before I finished my toast. And lucky for me, I got to run around the dining and living room leaving a trail of crumbs as I ate the last few bites. (I knew Mom didn't want to just vacuum in her bedroom yesterday.)

Today, Mom focused on cleaning the master bathroom. It took a bit more time and effort, and I won today's race. I waited patiently for about two seconds for Mom to notice, then I stood in the corner of my Pack n Play and yelled at Mom until she got me out.

So, the results so far are a tie.

Yesterday, it was Mom -1, Evie - 0.

Today, it was Mom - 0, Evie - 1.

No comments: