October 11, 2010

Trip to the Zoo

My mom thought it would be fun to create a blog dedicated to me, Evie. Then family and friends could watch me as I grow. I recently turned a year old, but I have no idea what that means. My mom seemed to think it was a big deal. My grandpa, my mom's dad, came to visit and celebrate my birthday. I let him hold me the first day he was here, then I got scared that he would take me away from my mom and dad. I didn't want him to hold me anymore, at least for a few days. At the end of his visit I let him hold me again. I even fell asleep in his arms.


My first birthday celebrations began with a trip to the National Zoo. I was more interested in the animals this time than when we went a few months ago.



The visit fell on a very nice day. It was sunny and not too warm. The male lion treated us to the best show. He strutted throughout his enclosure, roaring as he paced around.


My mom likes to think I was excited about it, but I might not have even noticed. I don't even really know what a lion is anyway.



By the time our trip was over I had seen a bear, a panda, many birds, elephants, a tiger, a lion, gorillas, and farm animals. 




It was a really fun day. It tired me out.



No comments: