February 23, 2011

*Cough* *Cough* *Sneeze*

Mom woke up this morning to find me standing silently in my crib. On a normal morning, I'm yelling and crying for her to release me the moment I open my eyes. She pushed my door open. At first I didn't notice her there. I was staring off into space, trying to not think about how sick I feel. Mom made a noise and I jumped, looked over at her with surprise, then grinned.

I laid my head against Mom's shoulder as she walked me across the room to open my blinds and let in some light. She then laid me down on the floor to change my diaper. Again, on a normal day, I would protest being put down, then do my best to escape before Mom could even reach up to unbutton my pajamas. If I couldn't escape then, I would be sure to escape before my new diaper could be put on and run around the room naked. 

This morning, though, I just lied there as Mom looked into my red, half-open eyes and felt how warm my body was from my fever. 


I didn't complain as she took off my pjs, didn't complain as she took off the diaper, let out only the slightest whimper when the cold wipe touched my bottom, and didn't complain when Mom grabbed the new diaper and put it on. 

As I waited for Mom to grab the clothes I needed to change into, I coughed and coughed and coughed and coughed. It was hard to breathe and I couldn't stop coughing. Mom got me fully dressed and took me downstairs for some Tylenol and a little breakfast. At least I still have my appetite. Well, most of it. What I wasn't interested in eating, I fed to the bird.



I'm feeling much better since Mom gave me the Tylenol and since I got some food in my tummy. My coughing isn't so bad now, either. I'm trying hard to keep a good attitude even though I don't feel good. As long as Mom doesn't take me to the doctor (I hate the doctor), I'm sure I'll be fine.

No comments: