January 11, 2012

Like a Walk in the Park

We told ourselves that that really nice 50 degree day in November was sure to be our last until winter ended...

Then we told ourselves that that really nice 50 degree day in December was sure to be our last until winter ended...

Well, yesterday, it was January 10th, and I told myself, "This really nice 50 degree day in January is sure to be our last until winter ends."

I guess we'll see. 

We took advantage once more of the warmer weather and got out of the house for a walk at Lake Camelot. 


I picked up pine cones and dried flowers from the side of the path.


Mom never thought this would be the early January view of this lake, especially thinking back on all the snow that welcomed us when we moved to Minnesota at this same time last year.


Mom's attempt at something more abstract.


It was such a beautiful day. 



Supposedly winter is starting at the end of this week. I kind of hope it does. I get excited each time it snows, and I'm ready to finally use the sled I got for Christmas.

2 comments:

ndroo said...

Lovely photos! Lovely girl! :)

Evie & Evie's Mom said...

Thank you! :)