December 10, 2012

Baking with Evie: Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tonight, I made Mark Bittman's Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies. After they baked and cooled, I only got to eat one. Talk about unfair. Anyway, here's how I did it.


I started by reading over the recipe and gathering all my ingredients (butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, and semi-sweet chocolate chips).


I started with mixing the dry ingredients.

Two cups of flour...


Half a teaspoon of baking soda...


Half a teaspoon of salt... Be careful not to spill!


Stir it all together.


With my dry ingredients ready to go, I moved over to the stand mixer. I plopped two sticks of butter in the bowl, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup of brown sugar, then mixed it all together. 


When it was mixed together just right, I added the eggs, then the flour/baking soda/salt combination. I put in a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Finally, I added about two cups of chocolate chips (it was what I had in the cupboard). 


I added some dollops of the cookie dough to the baking sheet, put it in the oven for ten minutes...


And out popped yummy chocolate chip cookies. 


I still think I should have been able to eat more than one tonight.

No comments: