June 25, 2013

Tamarack Nature Center

A week ago Friday I went to a place called Tamarack Nature Center.


It's a nature park with a play area built using natural elements (logs, water, sand, and rocks).


Almost as soon as I arrived, I had to leave.


I ended up with a cut deep enough that Mom had to take me to the doctor to have it stitched up.


Mom felt bad that I didn't get to play in the sand and water, the two things I was looking forward to the most.


We had such a chilly, wet spring, and this was really one of the first days I could play in the water without getting too cold.


Since it didn't take too long to get me fixed up at the doctor, Mom took me back to the nature center to play.


I was really happy to go back.


I definitely played hard, even if my head hurt.


After playing a while, Mom took me for a walk on a paved path that made a short loop around a field, on the edge of some woods.


 Unfortunately, there were a lot of mosquitoes, so we couldn't stop for long anywhere along the path.


Mom told me to swat the mosquitoes away to keep them from biting me.


I thought if they bit me, I was going to have to go back to the doctor.


I got really upset at the thought of that.


Mom assured me I wouldn't go back to the doctor, that the bites just itch, and the itching is no fun.


As long as I don't have to go to the doctor, I'm okay.


We'll have to check out more of the park the next time we go, and bring along bug spray.

No comments: