July 19, 2013

Picking Cherries and More Flowers

I have a cherry tree in my yard, called a North Star cherry tree.


The cherries began to ripen in early July, and Mom and I picked some together.


Mom made a jar of jam with some of the cherries, as well as a cherry crisp.


They're a tart cherry, but I enjoy eating them fresh. The tree is now almost bare of cherries. Mom and I picked a big bowl full of cherries a few days ago. Mom pitted them and they are now sitting in a bag in the freezer, waiting for a pie or something like that.

And here's an update on what else is growing in the gardens.
























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was the best blog i have ever seen..the narration was absolutely amazing and that little girl..awww she was so cute..really nice pictures you posted out there..you did set my mood right and happy..thanks for doing that.