June 5, 2011

Minnesota Landscape Arboretum

Mom and Dad took me to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum yesterday. Anywhere outside where I can run and play is good for me. 

Dad spied a chipmunk hiding behind a tree. I'm still trying to figure out what chipmunks are so I know what to look for when I'm asked if I can see one.


These are new pine cones growing on a larch tree. Mom found them more interesting than I did.


"Hi!"


"Pretty flowers."



An artist named Patrick Dougherty built 'Uff da Palace,' a hut-like structure made of willow branches that sits just outside the entrance to the visitor center.



I napped while Dad drove us around the arboretum. At one stop, Mom found these flowers called Prairie Smoke. They were some of her favorites.


I woke up in time for a stop at the Maze Garden. I had fun following Mom and Dad while we worked our way through.


Before leaving the arboretum, we walked through the iris garden.




Mom and Dad thought after all the activity I would sleep all the way home. Nope. I sat in the backseat talking for a while. Eventually, I succumbed to sleep, but I put up a good fight.

No comments: