October 23, 2011

Minnesota Pumpkin Patch

We had so much fun going to a pumpkin patch last year that we couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to one again this year. Since we live in a new state, we went to a new patch called Dehn's Family Farm and Pumpkin Patch. This year's spot wasn't quite as picturesque, but I had a lot of fun.

I played in a corn pit for the first time. It's literally a pit filled with dried corn. Mom and Dad hadn't even heard of anything like this until moving to Minnesota. I could have stayed in this spot for the rest of the day.




I also rode in a wagon for the first time.


I helped Mom and Dad pick out a pumpkin to carve. There weren't many good ones left out in the field, but we eventually found one. We also bought a couple of small pre-picked pumpkins back at the barn for me to paint and decorate. (More pictures are coming later of my painting project.)



After we picked out our pumpkins, I fed the cows up by the barn. Then Dad paid for our pumpkins, and we headed home. I think Mom and Dad should make visiting a pumpkin patch a fall tradition. 

No comments: