October 24, 2011

My First Painted Pumpkin

First, let me just say, I LOVED this project, even though it didn't work out quite as well as Mom hoped.

The project went like this: Mom put masking tape on one of my small pumpkins and cut out a design. Then, I painted the pumpkin with some kid paints Mom already had at home. Finally, after the paint dried, Mom pulled off the tape to reveal the design underneath the paint.

Mom set up my painting station outside because it was such a nice day, and she didn't have to worry about me getting paint on the carpet or anything else in the house.


Mom placed the paints in an empty egg carton. It worked really well.


Then she gave me some foam brushes and let me do my thing.


I don't think I've ever concentrated so hard on a project before.


Mom quickly realized that the paint wasn't working very well. She should have done her research about what types of paint to use on a pumpkin. But I didn't mind.


Mom and Dad stepped in at the end to help get the whole pumpkin covered in paint. 



After it dried and Mom removed the tape, I liked what I saw. Mom wished it could have turned out a little bit better, but it was still a lot of fun and something we'll have to do again next year.


No comments: