February 11, 2012

Salt Dough

Mom made some salt dough for me to play with today.


I wasn't sure what to think at first of this sticky dough stuff on my fingers. 


But with some cookie cutters and a little help from Mom...


I figured out that playing with the dough was a lot of fun.


I cut out heart shapes.


Then cut out more heart shapes.


I had to show Dad my messy fingers. 


Then I got back to cutting out more heart shapes.


After finishing my work, I had a pensive moment. I was considering what I want to do with my hearts after they dry.


I think tomorrow I'll paint them, then attach some ribbon. 

Salt dough recipe:

1 cup salt
2 cups flour
1 cup water (lukewarm)

Mix salt and flour together, then pour water in slowly. Kneed dough for about five minutes.

You can let the dough air dry, or you can dry it in the oven. Just google "salt dough" and it's easy to find sites that give directions on how to dry the dough in the oven. For the sake of laziness, Mom is letting them air dry.

No comments: