July 5, 2011

Fourth of July Fireworks

Mom and Dad took me to watch fireworks for the first time. We arrived at the park at a little after 8 p.m., and it was already very busy. We were able to get a good spot to watch the fireworks, though.


Soon after we arrived two WWII planes flew overhead. I watched them fly by, then I spent the next few minutes telling people sitting around us about the planes.


A man talked about some things I didn't understand, but after he finished talking, everyone began clapping, so I clapped, too.





At 8:30 p.m. the Minnesota Orchestra began to play.








They played for an hour, and they were very good. After the orchestra, we had to wait a little while longer for the fireworks. When the fireworks first started I was pretty scared of them. After I realized they couldn't hurt me, I was mesmerized by them. A few minutes later, my awe for them wore off, and I started running around, giving high fives, doing fist bumps, and playing games with our neighbors. Then the finale started, and I was mesmerized by the fireworks again. It was a good show, and it was fun seeing fireworks for the first time.








No comments: