July 22, 2011

Maple Grove Days

There was a festival of sorts near our home last weekend. Mom and Dad took me, despite the high temperatures and high humidity, which, when combined, made for a bit of an uncomfortable day outside. Nevertheless, I had fun.

We started our day at a book sale at the library. Mom was able to find a couple books that looked interesting to read, and I was content to people watch.

Then we walked around some booths with games and yummy fried food, like fried mac n' cheese.

After that, we made our way to a car show.



Near the car show, they had an area where emergency vehicles were parked. I got to sit in an armored vehicle...


in a fire truck...


on a stretcher in an ambulance...


and in a Hummer.


I didn't really get why Mom and Dad kept having me climb in the vehicles, but that was okay. After all our time outside, we ate lunch at Panera Bread. The air conditioning felt nice. And that was our day.


Oh, except for one more thing. I learned what a toad was. A baby toad found his way onto our patio and Mom and Dad showed him to me. I thought he was pretty cool, even if I wasn't allowed to touch him.


No comments: