August 16, 2012

Day 3: Adventures in Canoeing

We rented a canoe at French Regional Park and explored a small inlet on Medicine Lake. 


This was my first time in a canoe. 


Dad told me where to sit, and I was ready to go.


Dad asked the rental place how hard it was paddling through the lilly pads. He was told it was pretty difficult. Still, we decided to give it a try anyway in the hopes of seeing some birds that hide out on edges of marshes.


I enjoyed seeing the pads and flowers up close.






After a few minutes, we headed back out into the open water to explore another area.



We were treated with a spotting of a Great Blue Heron.


He wasn't comfortable with us sitting so close.


We made it as far into the inlet as we could get, then we turned around.


As we made our way back to the beach...


I got to help Dad with the paddling. I had asked throughout the entire trip for a chance to paddle.

No comments: