May 21, 2012

What a Busy, Busy Day

This morning I channeled my inner master gardener with my dad before he headed out for work.

First, I planted a tiny tree in a pot.


I dumped a little soil in to the pot.


I added the tree.


Then I poured more soil around the roots.


Dad added water.


We patted down the soil, then we moved on to planting some flower seeds.


Who needs a shovel when you can use your hands?



Dad sprinkled the flower seeds, then we finished filling the planter with dirt, and moved on to planting some sunflower seeds.


I took the seeds out of Dad's hand.


And I pushed the seeds into the soil of our third planter.


Lastly, I added water to all of our pots.


After Dad left for work, Mom took me to Lake Camelot Park for a walk. I got a new toy umbrella stroller yesterday, and I had to bring it with me and take my baby for a walk, too.


We spotted pretty little purple flowers along the trail.


We looked for turtles and barn swallows on the boardwalk.



C'mon Mom! No more pictures!


Along our walk I picked my baby up so I could add some pretend groceries to the stroller.


Then we continued along.


And we came across more pretty purple flowers.


No comments: