July 4, 2012

July 3rd Fireworks

The town I live in has a program called Music in Plymouth that falls on July 3rd every year. It's a free music event that ends with fireworks. It was a perfect event for us to attend this year since July 4th falls on a Wednesday and my dad has to work the next day.

We left at about my bedtime to go stake a spot to watch the fireworks and listen to the entertainment.


We arrived three and a half hours before the fireworks would start. It was already really crowded! I guess people were crazy enough to get out in today's really hot temperatures to claim their spots. Mom and I kept ourselves busy throughout the (very hot) evening. 


Finally, at 10:30 p.m., the fireworks began! I was mesmerized (until I realized I needed to use the restroom... then Mom had to take me to a pitch-black port-a-potty... that was not the most fun part of our night). The fireworks were so bright I had to wear my sunglasses. 


After the fireworks ended, I climbed into my stroller for our walk back to the car. I promptly passed out. I was just a little tired from all the excitement and staying up late. Even when we arrived home and Mom and Dad had to change me into my pajamas, I mostly stayed asleep. 


It was a good night.

No comments: